Uncompromising quality and unparalleled flavour from single estate olives that are harvested from our family-run farm.
* First cold pressed: extracted under 24c with our state-of-the-art press.
* Single variety: we use only koroneiki olives—the best for olive oil.
* Hand-picked: without the use of machines.
* Unfiltered: so nutritional and health benefits are maximized.
* Limited harvest: focusing on quality, not mass production.
* Award-winning: We recently were awarded
* Best International Olive Oil 2005 by a European gourmet magazine.
Acropolis Organics Gold Label is the only olive oil in North America with seven certifications including:
* European Organic Farming
* DIO Organic Farming Certification
* European Protected Designation of Origin (PDO): Unique characteristics of Kolymvari, Crete oil with a traceable seal to ensure quality and authenticity.
* TUV Germany certification & TUV Austria: Indicating strict hygienic practices.
* ISO 9001
Greek mythology reveals the "true" origins of the olive tree:
Challenged by Zeus to present a gift to the citizens of Attica, Athena and Poseidon faced-off in an immortal showdown. While a swat of Poseidon's trident produced salt water from a stone, Athena countered with a strike of her spear on the holy rock of the Acropolis. And the first olive tree was born. Charmed by her ingenuity and generous offering, the citizens of Attica renamed their city Athens in honour of the goddess. This gift to the people of Athens may be myth, but its spirit lives on in our name and legendary olive oil.
Like wine makers in Bordeaux or chocolatiers in Switzerland, Acropolis Organics olive oil producers are true artists in pursuit of their masterpiece: the perfect olive oil. From tending fields, to hand-picking olives at harvest time, to first-cold-pressing the crop on the same day: every step of olive oil production is handled with meticulous attention to detail.
100% EXTRA VIRGIN
Harvested by our family in the Kolymvari Chania region on the island of Crete, our first-cold-pressed, organic extra virgin olive oil offers a delicate, fruity bouquet. A kiss of fragrant Mediterranean air infuses the olives with a subtle peppery finish. While commercial manufacturers often "blend" olive oils, Acropolis Organics grows and presses, without the use of pesticides or chemicals - a single variety of koroneiki olives. These olives are renowned for the superior oil they produce and are never blended. Finally, they're hand picked and first-cold-pressed, without filtering, on the very same day. The results are pure, simple and divine.
The olive tree traces back to Minoan Crete in 3,500 B.C. By 1600 B.C., the people of Crete were extracting the precious oil from the fruit of the olive with the world's first olive press. Gradually the popularity of the "liquid gold" blossomed to other regions including Syria, Iran, Palestine and Israel. Today the oldest olive tree - thought to be over 3,500 years old - continues to grow near our village. Its legendary branches are still used to crown victorious Olympic champions.
THE ELIXIR OF LIFE - A Mediterranean Secret
The people of Crete not only have some of the lowest rates of heart disease the world, they also live longer than anyone else in the Western world. Their secret? A well-balanced diet of fresh, unprocessed local food accompanied by generous helpings of olive oil. But olive oil's benefits pump beyond the heart. Regular intake of the "liquid gold" has been shown to:
* Reduce the likelihood of certain cancers
* Lower "bad" blood cholesterol (LDL)
* Offer protection from ulcers and gastrointestinal discomfort
* Reduce the risk of gallstones
* Improve the appearance of skin and hair
Heaven in a bottle. This olive oil is the best in the world—and we have the international first prize to prove it. Our gold edition offers:
* A smooth, silky taste that will turn your meals into masterpieces
* Eight quality control certifications including
* Certified Organic and Protected Designation of Origin (PDO)
* Supreme purity which maximizes the olive oil’s renowned health benefits
* A traceable coded seal, ensuring authenticity and purity
Size: 500 mL